Monday, July 15, 2013

Making my video resume - Part3

I have previously explained the difference between the image and the perception. Accordingly, remember that the form is just as important as its content.

The content
You want to produce the highest-impact content. 

The first 15 seconds are vital!
Please do not assume that 2 minutes is short enough for people not to lose interest on the way.

The partition of our attention
Each person’s attention span is (unconsciously) set for each different type of media. Reading an article takes longer than listening to someone discussing it. Same with video: on top of the audio, the images tell much longer than plain text!

This makes video one of the most integrated communication channels. As a result, it’s the one that makes us switch our attention most quickly.

You have to hook your viewers from the start!

What works better than humour?

My way of hooking viewers’ attention was through humour. That is a double-edged sword. However, I think I like taking the risk! The higher the bet, the higher the gain.


Ultimately, it would give true insight into my personality. I dared to use the Star Wars joke, and so far, people like it!

Please share your thoughts in the comment section below
Author - Kevin Simonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment