Saturday, October 20, 2012

Networking strategy - Part13


HOW TO ASK FOR A RECOMMENDATION #3

6- According to your personal brand
You can kindly make suggestions that you think are attuned to your personal brand imageMake sure to vary the treat to focus on. People will appreciate it as instilling creativity.

7- Results and achievement
You mention them in your Cv. Why not having them asserted by a thrustful professional?
Ask what direct impact your service produced in terms of figure and subsequences of your positive input. You could get surprised!

8- Offer the choice
Clearly say that you have considered asking your referrer to put his reputation on the line for you and that you would understand if he would not feel like vouching for you.

9- Accompany it with a call
We are submerged by emails in nowadays crazy work pace. Receiving a call can help have a break, share a fun chat that will put a smile on your referrer's face and give him a slot to kindly do it. (Moreover, think about the impression on his colleagues around an open-plan office, as being so important that he is asked to assess the career of others ;-) !

10- Thank your referrer
After achieving all those steps and reaching the magic endorsement, please don't forget to show your gratitude.

Here is an example:
"Hi X,

I'm building my reputation on the web and to earn credibility I would really appreciate that you spend 5 minutes of your time thinking about what you liked about collaborating with me: 3 particular things that come to your mind!

To help you with it, I've given you some suggestions. However, the best reference will come from your personal point of view (maybe something surprising to me!)

- Proficiency at blogging,
- Creativity: entrepreneurship at developing a new valuable solution
- Consulting: valuable advice I gave you to enhance your networks, web presence, way of managing (self drive motivation, team leading etc).

I understand that I'm asking you to engage your online reputation. Therefore, it's important that you truly feel like vouching for me. Feel free to ask me for more information.

Thanks in advance for helping me out!"


Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Author - Kevin Simonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment