Monday, June 17, 2013

10 tips to be successful in your job interview - Part2

5- We want to be your coach
We are spending hours in a day at screening Cv. If you are interviewing means that your on paper you are qualified for the job. But it is your personality that will make the difference.

If you successfully convince us to be worth the effort, we will invest effort and time to accompany you at best. In fact, you represent us: you are our image.

6- Why this in-person interview then?
The main purpose of my interviews is to instigate the basis of a trustful relationship. That is why I like to stick to my in-person interviews, rather than a (cold) call.
It takes time at the first place; but on the long run I think I save time. 

Because I know my candidates and they know me. With trust and respect you can establish a real collaboration. That increases loyalty during the process.
Since I have (truly) helped the candidate, most of the time I get something in return. Sometimes a great referral!

6- We represent our clients
I know there are recruiters who just send out Cvs, sometimes without even having contracted with the company. This is (also) part of the game.
But good recruiters are successful because they manage to do recurring placements with the same company. Thereby, we partner with the business and we become like an extended HR.

7- We are not mail boxes: use us!
We want you to be successful just as much as you do. Therefore you should pay attention to our advise and even ask for them! by asking questions such as:

"What does your client expect to hear about? What should I focus on?"
"I really want this job at this company. How can I better my odds?"
"Is there anything special I should know about the current situation/projects at the company?"
"Can you tell me more about the personality of the interviewer?"

8- Company does not hire people
It is people that hire people.

I have examples of candidate with not the best Cv doing really good at blue ship companies  ..and vice/versa.
The interview is mainly to mesure your culture fit, get a piece of your personality and for the hiring manager have a glimpse at what it would be working with you.

9- We can be more than what ones think
We spend our full time week building relationships and spreading networks within niche markets. If we do not have the right opportunity at this period of time when you are seeking, chances are we could be representing you for your next move!

We do the mapping of your market and keep abreast of the coming hiring projects. That is something you could benefit of, isn't it?

10- Let us work for you
By building relationship with clients, I mean we first have to deliver. An important aspect of our job is to provide a (recruitment) solution to the business.

When the decision maker realises that working with us means having the right people at the right position and thereby an accountable and dedicated team, which enhances the business..   we are valued as much more than "recruiters". Building trust means that we can influence decision makers.

Some of my candidates would never have been able to step in the door of important clients  if it was not with my referral.

Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Author - Kevin Simonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment