Monday, June 24, 2013

Making my video resume - Part1

I have just released my video resume.

Proud to have done it!
It is a great piece of work, and the 2:58-minute video kept me busy full time for three weeks!





But it is definitely worth the effort.








I did enjoy the experience of doing the design, shooting scenes, making a first draft, getting people involved, taking personal training at the Apple Store to learn iMovie and, after editing it, realising that I needed to change it completely!

It took me three drafts and a number of versions to produce the final release on YouTube
.

How?
That is what you have to go through when making something on your own. 

You start with nothing but ideas (and we all have brilliant ideas!). Then, when it comes to making it, you start asking yourself, "How can I?!"

Just do it. I loved this experience, and it has revealed resources within me I could barely imagine. 

First, find the means
You need a camera (the one I used is a Canon D600) and a place to make the shooting. As the saying goes, "When you have no money, at least you have ideas."

Find the camera
I asked my friends. The good part of being a foreigner in a country is that you have friends from everywhere. Among mine were some who had just left their jobs to live the great adventure of travelling, particularly in this beautiful country that is Australia.

And the good news is: those people have a camera, usually a professional one!


Find the place
FishBurners, the place I worked in, could not be better for video shooting.



Thanks to the kindness of its:
- Director: Peter Bradd I was allowed to shoot any scenes I wanted
- Fellow members,Brett Fox, Band guitarist at creo/www.brettfox.net/Co-founder at Fotzy and Dain Hedgpeth founder of touchskate who offered me a lot of patience


Sometimes, I just rearranged the office, moving desks, chairs, TV screens, etc. to make it look like a perfect video studio!


Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Author - Kevin Simonnet

No comments:

Post a Comment